The UAB Huntsville Regional Medical Campus is home to the UAB School of Medicine Huntsville Program and the UAB Health Center Huntsville.
The UAB School of Medicine Huntsville Program offers four unique programs: 1) a comprehensive two-year clinical education program for junior and senior medical students; 2) a three-year family medicine residency program; 3) a three-year Internal Medicine Residency Program and 4) a continuing medical education program.
At the UAB Huntsville Regional Medical Campus, medical students work one-on-one with experienced physicians providing direct, “hands-on” patient care. Medical students completing the program are qualified to enter an approved residency in any discipline recognized by the American Council on Graduate Medical Education.
The UAB Huntsville Regional Medical Campus’ Family Medicine Residency Program was the first in Alabama to be approved and fully accredited. Today, it is recognized as one of the premier family practice residencies in the Southeast. The UAB Huntsville Regional Medical Campus' Internal Medicine Residency Program began in 2012 and is approved and fully accredited.
The UAB Huntsville Continuing Medical Education Program provides continuing medical education conferences, lectures, and workshops to aid practicing physicians and other health professionals in maintaining licensure and certification requirements.
The UAB Health Center Huntsville is the North Alabama anchor of the UAB Health System. The UAB Health Center Huntsville boasts the largest physician practice in North Alabama and the only academic, multi-specialty facility in this part of the state.
The UAB Health Center Huntsville
- Is home to 30 faculty physicians providing care in five specialties including:
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Is the primary ambulatory training site for 36 family medicine resident physicians who care for patients of all ages, including children.
- Accepts most types of insurance including Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross.
- Provides a charity care program for those who qualify.
- Is home to a very active research program involving the assessment, education and treatment of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension and asthma.
- Provides the highest quality continuity of care available in North Alabama with physicians on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Offers on-site laboratory.
- Offers on-site pharmacy.
Our hours of operation are 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Appointments can be made by contacting the department using the directory on the contact information page.UAB Huntsville Regional
301 Governors Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801
UAB Family Medicine Residency